Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine and is a great way to showcase any upcoming books that you’re eagerly anticipating.
This weeks up-coming release is…..
Beautiful Sacrifice (The Maddox Brothers #3) by Jamie McGuire
May 31, 2015 | Goodreads | Amazon
Falyn Fairchild can walk away from anything. Having already left her car, her education, and even her parents, the daughter of the next governor of Colorado is back in her hometown, broke and waiting tables for the Bucksaw Café. After every shift, Falyn adds to her shoebox of cash, hoping to one day save enough to buy her a plane ticket to the only place she can find forgiveness: Eakins, Illinois.
The moment Taylor Maddox is seated in Falyn’s section at the Bucksaw, she knows he’s trouble. Taylor is charming, breaks promises, and gorgeous even when covered in filth—making him everything Falyn believes a hotshot firefighter to be. Falyn isn’t interested in becoming another statistic, and for a Maddox boy, a disinterested girl is the ultimate challenge.
Once Falyn learns where Taylor calls home, everything changes. In the end, Maddox persistence is met with Falyn’s talent for leaving, and for the first time, Taylor may be the one to get burned.
What books are you waiting on this week?
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish in which a bookish list is posted every week.
April 28, 2015 – Top Ten Books Who Feature Characters who_____
For this week character I would love to share with you the top ten characters I would like to shove off a cliff. Hard. With sharp pointy rocks at the bottom.
Top Ten Books Who Feature Characters Who I Want to Throw Off a Cliff
- Edward Cullen from The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer – Jealous boyfriend issues and kind of controlling and really ticks me off.
- Sebastion Morgenstern from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare – Not spoiling it for anyone. Just trust me.
- Lucius Malfoy from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling – Kind of an elitist idiot who would rather lose his own son to Voldemort rather than fight against him
- Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling – Racist horrible educator.
- Caelena Sardothien from Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas (only in the first book) – I found her really weak and not as awesome of a protagonist as I thought she was going to be. Maybe in the later books she gets better.
- Zoey Redbird from House of Night by P.C. and Kristen Cast – Weak. So weak. Sure she has all of these powers but her actions were very repetitive and all surrounded around boy trouble and it was rather annoying.
- Christian Grey from 50 Shades of Grey by E. L. James – Enough said.
- Ashfur from Warriors: The Power of Three by Erin Hunter – Mad because he got turned down in favor of a better cat and couldn’t get over it.
- Linc Slocum from Phantom Stallion series by Terri Farley – Sees animals as a status symbol and doesn’t treat them well.
- Prospero the Enchanter from The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – Literally haunted his daughter and overall jerk. But funny at times.
That’s it for this Top Ten Tuesday either leave your list down below in the comments or head on over to The Broke and The Bookish’s page to link up!
Have an awesome day!
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly feature hosted bySheila @ Book Journey!
It’s Monday. And boy has it been one. It started off great but it quickly went downhill between class, spilled coffee, study sessions, and a doctor appointment. But now all of that is over and I can relax a bit. So I didn’t read anything for pleasure this past week with school coming to an end and me basically losing my mind, but I did manage to finish one book for class last week and I have a few books that I’m currently reading.
WHAT I READ LAST WEEK
WHAT I AM READING AT PRESENT
In Search of Lost Time Volume 1: Swann’s Way by Marcel Proust
Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Hope you enjoyed it!
Leave your answers to the following questions down in the comments!
What did you read last week?
….What are you currently reading
……….What are you going to read next?
Have a great week everyone!